Custom Search

Sunday, September 10, 2006

You want to see the size of mine !!!



Had another busy day today. Went to see a friend of mine, Trevor Wilson at a secret location to tend to my pumkin. Trevor is the organizer of a very unique event and has very kindly let me grow my Giant Pumpkin at his gaff. If you are into growing big things you will understand the need for secrecy.

Each year the folk of Mere Brow Nr Ormskirk battle it out in the name of charity, to grow the biggest pumpkin. The year before last a Great British record was set by two school kids. This year the nominated charity is the NSPCC. This will be my third year in the competition. My main roll will be to host the weigh in and have a good day out.

I managed to amaze the locals last year with my 301 pound pumpkin. Some of this weight though came from my interviewing technique.(standing on the scales with my pumpkin.

The 2006 Mere Brow Giant Pumpkin Competition Weigh In will be held at 2pm Saturday 21st October 2006 at:Brandreth Farm, Tarlscough Lane, Burscough, Nr. Ormskirk, Lancashire, L40 0RJ. Click on the link below if you have a Big One and you would like me to weigh it. Or come along and join in the fun.

No comments: