Custom Search

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Look what I got sent

Back to work for me and School for Charlotte today. One of the perks for me with having Charlie being back at school, is the quality of my butties for work has improved. Carol is now forced to get proper stuff for butties, and make them or face the wrath of a teenager. (I don't Matter).

I once, put up with Cheese slices and Branston butties every day for nearly three years. That's probably why my cholesterol was through the roof. Anyway Glad to be back at work and made up my listeners and work mates missed me.

Thank you to a very good friend of mine from my Hospital Radio days, Brian ( he was my programme controller) he came across these little pearls of wisdom, and I feel I ought to share them with you. (they are very funny and true).


GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT LIFE THAT LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED:

  1. No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.
  2. When your Mum is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your hair.
  3. If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.
  4. Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.
  5. You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
  6. Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
  7. Never hold a Dust-Buster and a cat at the same time.
  8. You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
  9. Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
  10. The best place to be when you're sad is Grandma's lap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you get butties made for you Dave.

Dave Turley said...

Yer but no but. You do have a point. And I do have high cholesterol