Custom Search

Monday, September 18, 2006

Don't you hate it when that happens

Sunday turned out to be quite an industrious day. I did have a bit of a shaky start, as I had made a complete mess of sealing the bath. With that major success behind me, I also managed to put up four new tiles. (ran out of tile adhesive).

I did lots of other stuff today........Honest.

One thing though, really, really got to me today. On Thursday morning I was running a little behind on time, and rather than have a bowl cereal for breakfast I had a little root around the kitchen and discovered a packet of very nice Gingernut biscuits (hidden in our bread bin).

Bearing in mind, Carol and myself gave up smoking, and, Carol informs me, we have magic water, with remarkable weight gaining properties, we are carrying an ounce or two of extra weight, so a discovery of this kind was a treat...... I took five, and thought no more about it.

After a very busy day today, out of nowhere, I remembered the biscuits in the bread bin. Two lovely cups of tea made, and in I went. ONE LEFT........ " Have you seen this Carol,,, somebody's ate all of the gingernuts, bar ONE". Didn't know I'd left one, she replied and ate that one too.

Typical woman.. You don't like them she says. I ****dy do. Don't you hate it when that happens.

No comments: