Custom Search

Monday, February 11, 2008

Pointing


A little while ago I managed to get around to fixing my garage roof. However, since then a little water has managed to find its way inside.

One possible cause could be a slight defect in the new roof OR water seeping through the rear brickwork.

On seeking advice I have purchased some stuff to spray on to the brickwork to give it a water tight seal. Reading the instructions (as you do) it said check your pointing, (the bit between the bricks)

It didn't take long to find a few dodgy bits that needed attention, a great excuse to whip out my tool kit.

Not being used to using a trowel I found myself using my finger to smooth the mortar, and as it happens I did tend to use my pointing finger. Wonder if that’s where it got its name??



No comments: