Custom Search

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Big Night Out


For many years I have donated some of my spare time to Hospital Radio. Having a huge interest in radio, made this hobby a great way to put a little back into the community, have a great time, and, as it turned out prepare me for a brand new career.

Radio Whiston was my very first station. This was a breeding ground of great radio talent. Derek Webster, John (Gilly) Gillmore and Tony Cookson to name just three all under the watchful eye of Ray Ferguson plus many of 1067/KCR the Rocket's presenters, all cutting their teeth on Avenue 3.

After a short break I returned to Hospital broadcasting, this time at Radio Ormskirk General. What a station. I have made many very good friends at the station over the years, and still bob in to say hello.

Radio Ormskirk General have also had a lot of success in the way of radio and TV talent. John Culshaw (dead Ringers) and the legend that is Allan Beswick, and I am very proud they list me too. I was the regular Tuesday Night Presenter after taking over from Andy Williams (na not that one)

tomorrow night is the Tuesday Posse Christmas Night out and I've been invited.. How good is that.? Barbara and Jean, two of the original Tuesday posse girls will be there. (they are still at it, how devoted are they).

Brian my old programme controller and all some of the new kids. It should be a great night. So look out The Hayfield in Ormskirk.

Check out the link below for info on Radio Ormskirk General, maybe you could get involved.

No comments: