Custom Search

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

No rest for the wicked

It's been in my car since Friday, and I knew as soon as I took my mums new lawn mower to her, it would be a busy day.

Going back a little, my mum decided she needed a brand new lawn. So my big brother John and I took up the challenge to get it sorted. I managed to purchase the toughest grass Ever. We laid the new turf in the recent heat wave and ever since it's not stopped raining, nor the grass stopped growing.

Last week, it was noted the grass had reached an impressive six inches tall, and was ready for its first cut. Mum suggested that although she lives in sheltered housing and the council maintains the lawn anyway, a mower of her own would be a good idea.

I’ve got a feeling either Lou or Andy from little Britain is based on my mum. " I DONT LIKE IT", was the response to a hover Hoover mower, light and easy to use. " I WANT THAT ONE". Hence the monster of a mower I took to mums today and had to drag around hers and one or two of her neighbors gardens. That’s after an hour putting it together.

Then came the request I always joke about, Do me a favor Dave while the lady next door is at the shops, nip out and trim her bush.

Well, with all the work done and a happy mum. A hug, a Kiss, and a can u nip and put my lottery on for me. No rest for the wicked.

No comments: