Custom Search

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Easter Holiday



Its been five years since our last holiday. This year I am determined to break the cycle.

To ease ourselves back into getting away, a short break to Wales seemed like a good start. A few people including my Mum and Producer Paul from Dune FM had recommended a hotel called The Grand in Llandudno ( its big. )

So we packed up the car, and, to speed things up a touch I took my extra Ladies with us. The ladies being My Sat Nav and My Cars Traffic Master. The pair of them never shut up, all the way there,every two seconds, it was ( turn left turn right Que ahead Turn Bl**dy left)

On arrival, both Carol and myself felt like we were in that film Cocoon. I was about the youngest there...... Honest. We got stuck in though, we bought dabbers and played Bingo, and even went to the Ballroom to watch a stream of nightly entertainers reminding the audience how old they actually were and singing along to endless medleys, all of which seemed to include such classics as, "Pack up your troubles","If you were the only girl in the world" and "The Ovaltinies".

I have to admit some of the elderly guests did seem to lap it up, but I have to wonder if they were just being polite.

Just as we were at meal times.( Carol wouldn't let me kick off ) Things had changed since my mum had been there, Cold soup, veg cooked in milk, Rubber eggs for breakfast and rock hard cold toast. (YUK)

I must have really needed a break because at the end of it all, I feel like i've had a great time, I even managed to get Carol up the Great Orm (on a tram) What a view.

What a shame I didnt manage to win Producer Paul a Crazy Frog.

No comments: